To place an online entry click here: http://nwwafair4h.fairwire.com/
All entries must be registered online. This will be required for all exhibits and exhibitors that are entered into the fair. If you don’t have access to a computer, then the library is your best option. There will also be a computer available for use at the fair office during normal business hours.
Exhibits can be entered on-line by July 25th. Late entries will be charged a $25.00 per head through July 31st. After July 31st late entries may not be accepted.
Note: If showing in both FFA and 4H the exhibitor may show no more than eight animals between the two organizations.
Goats will be vet checked between 4 p.m. and 8 p.m. only on Sunday prior to the fair, unless arrangements have been made with the Superintendent to have your animal checked on Monday morning. Please arrange to bring your animals between those hours.
Enter the fairgrounds through Gate 5 off the Kok Road, and continue to the east side of the Henry Jansen Building. Security will be there to assist you with directions. Your animals are to remain in your vehicle until the veterinarian asks you to remove them for vet check.
You will need to come prepared with completed stall cards for all your animals. If your animal passes the vet check, you will be given a sticker to place on the stall card reflecting the animal has passed inspection. You may then proceed to the pen and hang the card in the proper place.
***IMPORTANT NOTICE TO EXHIBITORS REGARDING SCRAPIE ERADICATION***
All sheep and goats, except castrated males, must have official USDA National Scrapie Eradication program-assigned flock identification number. This may include either a tag, tattoo, or microchip (with reader provided by exhibitor or written proof of microchip). Unmarked animals will not be allowed to stay at Fair.
Questions concerning Health Requirements and vet check see Health Requirements.
*Dairy Goat Fitting and Showing Champion will compete against the Meat Goat Fitting and Showing Champion to determine Overall/Meat Goat showman for the Round Robin (Pygmy goat showman will be a separate entry in round robin).
? - Market Sale Weigh In (All Market Goats)
8:00 a.m. All Exhibitor meeting in Henry Jansen Arena
8:30 a.m. Goat exhibitor & leader meeting in Goat arena
9:45 a.m. - FFA Pygmy Goat Fitting and Showing
9:45 a.m. - FFA Dairy Goat Doe Type (All Sr. Does Show 1st)
6:00 p.m. - All Goat Judging
9:00 a.m. - FFA Pygmy Goat Type
9:30 a.m. - FFA and 4H Dairy/Meat Goat Exhibitor Meeting
10:00 a.m. - FFA Dairy/Meat Goat Fit & Show (ALL TOGETHER)
9:00 a.m. - FFA Market Goat Type
12:00 p.m. - FFA Meat Goat Doe Type
11:00 a.m. - All Goat Knowledge Bowl
1:00 p.m. - Market Sale
7:00 p.m. - All Goat Best Decorated
DIVISION A - PYGMY GOAT FITTING AND SHOWING
*Pygmy Goat Fitting and Showing Overall Champion will compete in the Round Robin on Saturday evening. Dairy/Meat Goat Champion will be a separate entry in FFA Round Robin.
PREMIUMS: 27.00 22.00 17.00
3. Novice, first year showing goats
DIVISION B – Pygmy
Premiums: 16.00 13.50 11.00
Wethers - Age is determined as of show day, Monday of Fair
1. Prospect wethers – not eligible for Best Wether
2. Baby wethers, birth to 6 months
3. Junior wethers, 6 months to 12 months
4. Wethers, 1 to 2 years
5. Wethers 2 to 3 years
6. Senior wethers, 3 years to 4 years
7. Senior wethers, 4 years and older
Champion and Res. Champion Wether
Registered Does – Junior Division- Age of doe is determined as of show day, Monday of Fair
8. Baby doe kids, birth to 2 months
9. Junior doe kids, 2 to 4 months
10. Intermediate doe kids, 4 to 6 months
11. Intermediate doe kids, 6 to 8 months
12. Senior doe kids, 8 to 10 months
13. Senior doe kids, 10 to 12 months
14. Junior yearling doe, unfreshened 12 to 16 months
15. Intermediate yearling doe, unfreshened 16 to 20 months
16. Senior yearling doe, unfreshened 20 to 24 months
Jr. and Res. Jr. Champion Doe
Registered Does – Senior Division- Age of doe is determined as of show day, Monday of Fair
17. Freshened yearling and younger does
18. 2 year old doe, 24 to 30 months
19. 2 year old doe, 30 to 36 months
20. 3 year old doe
21. 4 year old doe
22. 5 year old doe and older
23. Does in milk any age, not shown in any other class
Sr. and Res. Sr. Champion Doe
Grand and Reserve Grand Champion Doe
24. Dam and Daughter
25. Produce of Dam (Different Sire)
26. Breeders Trio (3 does breed by exhibitor)
27. Get of Sire (2 does, different Dams)