To place an on line entry click here:http://nwwafair4h.fairwire.com/
For 4H and FFA
Beef, Dairy, Sheep, Goats, Horses, Llama/Alpaca, and Swine http://nwwafair4h.fairwire.com/
All other entries: http://nwwafair.fairwire.com/ This includes all other 4H and FFA departments
All 4H and FFA exhibitor will need to register on both pages if they are also entering in Open class Beef, Dairy or Horses. They will need to enter their names exactly the same. No exhibitor will be allowed 2 exhibitor numbers.
All entries must be registered on-line. This will be required for all exhibits and exhibitors that are entered into the fair. If you don’t have access to a computer, then the library is your best option. There will also be a computer available for use at the fair office during normal business hours.
Exhibits can be entered on-line by July 25th. Late entries will be charged a fee of $25.00 per head through July 31st. After July 31st late entries may not be accepted.
Vet Checks will be on Sunday from 5 - 8 p.m. and Monday 7 - 9 a.m.
NEW for 2018 - For all 4-H and FFA Exhibitors in
departments Beef, Dairy, and Horses there will be a one-time entry fee of $15.
With this entry fee, each exhibitor will be able to enter as many animals as
they would like in any 4-H and FFA Class in those listed departments. Limits
will still apply in each department. With the entry fee, each exhibitor will
receive a 4H/FFA Season Gate Admission that will allow daily entrance to the
Fair. If a 4H or FFA exhibitor would also like to enter their animal(s) into
Open Class Exhibits then they will need to also pay the Open Class entry fees
for that department.
DIVISION A - FITTING AND SHOWING
PREMIUMS: 27.00 22.00 17.00
3. Novice (first year showing beef)
Cup awarded to the best showman
A buckle will be awarded to the Grand Champion Showman of the three divisions
Overall Showman will compete in the Round Robin Competition, Saturday at 6 p.m.
DIVISION B - BLACK ANGUS
DIVISION C - RED ANGUS
DIVISION D - HEREFORD
DIVISION E - LIMOUSIN
DIVISION F - OTHER PUREBRED
DIVISION G - OTHER CROSSBRED OR DAIRY BEEF
**Listed and shown by breed in alphabetical order. List breed when entering. Minimum breed numbers for a class is 2 exhibitors or 5 animals. If the minimum is not met, the breed will be combined with other purebreds.
CROSSBREEDS IN BEEF - CLASSIFIED BY 3/4 BREED
Registration Standards - Separate by Breeds
Bulls and heifers can be shown in each class
2 years previous
3 year previous
PREMIUMS: 21.00 19.00 17.00
1. Spring bull calf born after March 1, of the present year
2. Junior bull calf born January 1 - February 29, of the present year
3. Winter bull calf born November 1 - Dec 31, of the previous year
4. Senior bull calf born September 1 - October 31, of the previous year
5. Late Summer Yearling Bull born July 1 - August 31, of the previous year
6. Early Summer Yearling Bull born May 1 - June 30, of the previous year
7. Spring Yearling Bull born March 1 - April 30, of the previous year
8. Early Yearling Bull calf born between January 1 – February 29, of the previous year
9. Pair of Bulls, owned by exhibitor and shown in individual classes
10. Spring Heifer Calf, born after March 1 of the present year
11. Junior Heifer Calf, born between January 1 – February 29, of the present year
12. Winter Heifer Calf, born between November 1 – December 31, of the previous year
13. Senior Heifer Calf, born between September 1 – October 31, of the previous year
14. Late Summer Yearling Heifer, born between July 1 – August 30, of the previous year
15. Early Summer Heifer born May 1 – June 30, of the previous year
16. Spring Yearling Heifer born March 1 – April 30, of the previous year
17. Early Junior Yearling Heifer born January 1 – February 29, of the previous year
Junior Champion - Rosette
(females only eligible for junior or senior champ, not both)Classes 10-17 only for each breed
PREMIUMS: 30.00 28.00 26.00
18. Senior Yearling Bull, born between September 1 – December 31, two years previous
19. 2 year old Bull, born between January 1 – August 31, two years previous
20. Senior Yearling Heifer, born between September 1 – December 31, two years previous
Senior Champion - Rosette(females only eligible for junior or senior champ, not both) Class 20 only
21. Cow, 2 years and over, born prior to September 1 two years previous with a calf at side. Calf born after January 1 of the current year. (Judged as cow/calf 50/50). Not eligible for Grand and Reserve Champion.Cow/Calf Champion
22. Pair of females owned by exhibitor and shown in individual classes
23. Pair of calves, one bull calf and one heifer calf, must be a spring, junior, or senior
24. Produce of dam, 2 animals, either sex from one dam, may be owned by more than one exhibitor.
Limit one (1) entry per exhibitor. To be eligible each animal must be shown in individual classes.
25. Get of sire, 3 animals with both sexes represented, all sired by one bull, all owned by exhibitor.
To be eligible each animal must be shown in individual classes
DIVISION H – FEEDERS
PREMIUMS: 30.00 28.00 26.00
1. Feeder Steer, 500 to 999 pounds
DIVISION J - MARKET STEERS
PREMIUMS: 30.00 28.00 26.00
1. Market Steer, 1000 pounds and over
DIVISION K - LIVESTOCK JUDGING
- If you are coming from out-of-county schools, you are given one free day pass ONLY and you must wear FFA outfits.
- If you are not a registered exhibitor you MUST give the advisor in charge your name and the school you attend in order to participate in any of the FFA activities.
PREMIUMS: 6.00 5.00 4.00
1. All Whatcom County FFA eligible judges. You must include this on your entry to receive a premium.
2. Handlers for animals used in FFA judging.
WESTERN STATES ANGUS AUXILIARY TROPHY
The Western States Angus Auxiliary, 13016 Reiner Rd., Monroe, WA 98272, will award a silver trophy to the outstanding FFA Angus exhibitor. The selection of the winner is to be based on show ring placing of individual animals, placing in showmanship and in cooperation with Fair Management. This is open to exhibitors with one more breeding and/or market animals. It must be kept in mind that the purpose of this award is the promotion of the Angus breed. The winning of the Auxiliary trophy in previous years shall not exclude an exhibitor from winning it again. The judge of the Junior Best Show will be asked to make the selection of the winner.
WASHINGTON STATE LIMOUSIN ASSOCIATION
Dennis Andrews Memorial Steer Award
These awards are available to 4H, FFA, and youth division entries at designated shows. Savings bonds of $100 will be awarded to the exhibitor of a Limousin-influenced on-hoof Grand Champion Steer and/or Grand Champion Carcass Steer of 4H, FFA, and youth divisions. The Steer must be of 50% or greater Limousin breeding and exhibit Limousin characteristics. If an exhibitor wins the grand championship, they must contact a WSLA officer listed below for an information packet. This packet must be completed by the exhibitor and mailed back within 45 days of show.
Dori Shobert, PO Box 1220, Port Orchard, WA 98366 (360)871-5275
Joe Stevens, 4771 So Wenas Road, Selah, WA 98942 (509)697-4373
Rich Waldemar, 1191 Garden Drive, Lynden, WA 98264 (360)354-5598