To place an on line entry click here:http://nwwafair.fairwire.com/All entries must be registered on-line. This will be required for all exhibits and exhibitors that are entered in the fair. If you don’t have access to a computer, then the library is your best option. There will also be a computer available for use at the fair office during normal business hours.
Entries can be placed through the on-line entry system. Entries are due no later than July 25 th.
Entries placed later than this date will incur a $25.00 per head late fee through July 31 st
. Entries may not be accepted after July 31 st
.4-H Age is determined on October 1st of the current 4-H year
Youth who have reached their 5th birthday (on or before October 1st of the current 4-H year), through those who have not reached their 19th birthday (on or before October 1st of the current 4-H year).
The following groups are identified for special programs and activity participation, including all competitive events/activities, within the WSU Extension 4-H Youth Development Program:
• Cloverbuds: 5 to 7 years of age
• Junior: 8 to 10 years of age
• Intermediate: 11 to 13 years of age
• Senior: 14 to less than 19 years of age
Cloverbuds may participate in age-appropriate activities and projects. Projects recommended for Cloverbuds youth may include: Dog, Cat, Poultry, Rabbit, Pygmy or Novelty Goat, Horseless Horse, Cavy, Exploring the World of Small Animals, Exploring Farm Animals, Discovery, Creative Arts, Performing Arts, Aerospace, Bicycle, Computer, Photography, Clothing, Just Outside the Door, and Exploring 4-H. Cloverbuds may not participate in competitive activities. 4-H Cloverbuds are not eligible for premiums and must borrow a goat and does not need to preregister for the Primary Showmanship contest. Primary Showman may not bring their own goat to the fair.
A novelty goat is defined as a small goat that is purebred or cross-bred lineage; is up to 23 inches in height and weighs no more than 65 pounds.
- Only blue and red ribbon winners in 4H and FFA Beef or Dairy are eligible to enter Open Class Beef and Dairy classes.
- 4H and FFA may enter Open Class Dairy or Beef provided there is a minimum of 10 Open Class cattle per breed or 2 exhibitors.
- All animals shown in 4H must be housed in the 4H barn while at the Fair.
- FAILURE TO ENTER AND COMPETE IN FITTING AND SHOWING WILL RESULT IN FORFEITURE OF ALL PREMIUMS.
- All 4H Herdsmanship must be done by the 4H exhibitors only and not the parents or adults of the club. Any club not abiding by this rule will not be eligible for 4-H Herdsmanship premium.
- All animals must be clipped prior to entering the fairgrounds. Touch up clipping for Fit and Show or type classes must be done by the 4H member ONLY. Any other supervision must have permission of the Superintendent. Premiums will be pulled.
- It is required that each club supply a wheelbarrow for removal of manure, and neat tack boxes of sufficient size to store all equipment when not being used. The club/animal owner must furnish watering pails, combs, brushes, etc. for their animals.
- The Fair Association will furnish hay and bedding. Owners must provide grain.
- No 4H animals shall be withdrawn from the Fair before 9 p.m. Saturday of the Fair or premiums will be forfeited.
- Self determined projects should be brought to the grounds no later than Monday of the Fair.
- 4H Livestock leaders – Please call the Superintendent with preliminary numbers no later than June 15 th.
- All exhibitors must be out of the barns between 11 p.m. and 5 a.m. unless they have written permission from the Superintendent.
Large Animal Round Robin
The Overall and Reserve Champions from the Fit and Show classes in the Beef, Dairy, Goat, Horse, Llama/Alpaca, Sheep and Swine departments compete for Best Overall Showman. The contest is held Saturday afternoon. Previous Round Robin winners may not compete again in the same species division. They may compete again if they qualify in a different species.
The overall champion will be announced and the runner-up rosettes will be awarded in no particular order.