View Rules & Regulations
To place an on-line entry, click here:http://nwwafair.fairwire.com/
All entries must be registered on-line. This will be required for all exhibits and exhibitors that are entered in the fair. If you don’t have access to a computer, then the library is your best option. There will also be a computer available for use at the fair office during normal business hours.
Exhibits can be placed on-line through Monday prior to the fair (one week). Entries are due Thursday before the fair in the Farm Pavilion from 2 to 7 p.m.
*All entries must come with a computer printed 3x5 card with exhibitors name and age for entry to be accepted and judged. Please use a large font size for presentation purposes.
DIVISION A - HOME ENVIRONMENT
Open to any boy or girl currently enrolled in the 4-H Family Living series. Items must be made, assembled, or refinished by exhibitor.
PREMIUMS: 3.00 2.50 2.00
1. Framed picture with a mat and hanger. Picture must be for a specific room. Explain the room color scheme or reason for using the picture in this room.
2. An exhibit showing the color scheme of a specific room mounted on cardboard poster. Include fabric swatches, paint chips, wood samples, etc. Describe type of room and why scheme was used - size of room, exposure, etc. Include hanger on poster.
3. Scrapbook with ideas for improving one room in the home. No more than four pictures to show any one improvement as curtains, furniture arrangements, etc. Suitable fabric samples may be included. Explain why decisions were made.
4. Other project not listed in home environment.
PREMIUMS: 5.00 4.00 3.00
5. Drapery panel for a specific room. Information on color scheme. Type of room, exposure, etc.
6. Bedspread, information on color scheme, exposure to room, etc.
7. Floor rug, give color scheme of room and furnishings in room.
8. Lamp with shade for a specific room. Describe spot where it will be used.
9. Refinished or homemade furniture for use in a specific room. Describe where it will be used.
10. Storage improvement - scale drawing with an explanation of why the change was made. Include before and after.
DIVISION B - CHILD CARE
Open to Sitter Project and Adventures in Family Living Project members. Each entry must have a computer printed 3x5 card with the exhibitor's name and age. Exhibit will not be accepted without the printed card.
PREMIUMS; 4.00 3.50 3.00
1. Kit or play-safe materials, at least 7 articles, 3 of which are homemade. Describe why you chose these items and for what age child the items are for.
2. Child's book with pages made of cloth, made by exhibitor.
3. Kit of 4 books of interest to children (2 to 6). Include why these books were chosen on a 3x5 card.
4. Other - Explain what you entered and why.