To place a on-line entry:
For 4H and FFA
Beef, Dairy, Sheep, Goats, Horses,Llama/Alpaca, and Swine http://nwwafair4h.fairwire.com/
All other entries: http://nwwafair.fairwire.com/ This includes all other 4H and FFA departments.
All 4H and FFA exhibitor will need to register on both pages if they are also entering in Open class Beef, Dairy or Horses. They will need to enter their names exactly the same. No exhibitor will be allowed 2 exhibitor numbers.
4H Livestock Department Rules
Ethics in the Show Ring
View Rules & Regulations
To place an on line entry click here:http://nwwafair4h.fairwire.com/
*NEW FOR 2018*
All entries must be registered online. This will be required for all exhibits and exhibitors that are entered into the fair. If you don’t have access to a computer, then the library is your best option. There will also be a computer available for use at the fair office during normal business hours.
NEW for 2018 - For all 4-H and FFA Exhibitors in
departments Beef, Dairy, and Horses there will be a one-time entry fee of $15.
With this entry fee, each exhibitor will be able to enter as many animals as
they would like in any 4-H and FFA Class in those listed departments. Limits
will still apply in each department. With the entry fee, each exhibitor will
receive a 4H/FFA Season Gate Admission that will allow daily entrance to the
Fair. If a 4H or FFA exhibitor would also like to enter their animal(s) into
Open Class Exhibits then they will need to also pay the Open Class entry fees
for that department.
Entries can be placed online until July 25th. Late entries will be charged a fee of $25.00 per head through July 31st. After July 31st late entries may not be accepted.
Haul in - Sunday of the fair between the hours of 4 p.m. and 8 p.m.
Released - Saturday night of the fair at 9 p.m.
Vet Checks: Sunday from 5 - 8 p.m. and Monday 7 - 9 a.m.
4H Beef Calendar
Mandatory livestock exhibitor meeting
Market Sale weigh in. Pictures taken.
Fitting and Showing
Lynden Jr. Livestock Market Sale
Livestock Judging Contest
Best Decorated Cow Contest
Large Animal Round Robin, award ceremony follows
Entries can be placed on-line until July 25th. Late entries will be charged a fee of $25.00 per head through July 31st. After July 31st late entries might not be accepted. All exhibits must be in place by 9 a.m. Monday of the fair.
- Each 4-H member will be allowed a maximum of four animals. In case of shortage in stall space, 4-H members with the most entries will be cut first.
- All animals must have a double tie at night. No baling twine or wire.
- Beef ownership must be established or contract written and dated by May 1 and be included in record book.
- A respiratory complex vaccine is strongly recommended 4 weeks prior to the fair.
- No animal will be allowed to compete for more than one premium, nor shall be entered in more than one class, except as one of a herd.
- Only blue and red ribbon winners in 4-H are eligible to enter Open Class Beef classes.
- 4-H may enter Open Class provided there are a minimum of ten open class cattle per breed or two exhibitors.
- Bovine checklist
DIVISION A - FITTING AND SHOWING
PREMIUMS: 27.00 22.00 17.00
1. Novice, first year showing beef
2. Junior - 8 to 10 years of age
3. Intermediate - 11 to 13 years of age
4. Senior - 14 to less than 19 years of age
DIVISION B - ANGUS
DIVISION C - HEREFORDS
DIVISION D - LIMOUSIN
DIVISION E - OTHER PUREBREDS
DIVISION F - CROSS BREEDS
DIVISION G - BEEF AND DAIRY CROSS BREEDS
Present year – 2019
Previous year – 2018
2 years previous – 2017
3 years previous – 2016
4 years previous – 2015
5 years previous – 2014
6 years previous - 2013
PREMIUMS: 21.00 19.00 17.00
1. Spring Bull Calf, born after March 1 of present year
2. Junior Bull Calf, born January, 1 – February, 29 of present year
3. Winter Bull Calf, born November, 1 - December, 31 of previous year
4. Early Senior Bull Calf, September,1 – November, 30 of previous year
5. Late Summer Yearling Bull, July, 1 - August31 of previous year
6. Early Summer Yearling Bull May, 1 – June, 30 of previous year
7. Spring Yearling Bull, March, 1 – April, 30 of previous year
8. Early Junior Yearling Bull, January, 1 – February, 29 of previous year
9. Pair of Bulls, owned by exhibitor and shown in individual classes
10. Spring Heifer Calf, born after March 1 of the present year
11. Junior Heifer Calf, born between January 1 – February 29, of the present year
12. Winter Heifer Calf, born between November 1 – December 31, of the previous year
13. Senior Heifer Calf, born between September 1 – October 31, of the previous year
14. Late Summer Yearling Heifer, born between July 1 – August 30, of the previous year
15. Early Summer Heifer born May 1 – June 30, of the previous year
16. Spring Yearling Heifer born March 1 – April 30, of the previous year
17. Early Junior Yearling Heifer born January 1 – February 29, of the previous year
Junior Champion - Rosette
PREMIUMS: 30.00 28.00 26.00
18. Senior Yearling Bull, born between September 1 – December 31, two years previous
19. 2 year old Bull, born between January 1 – August 31, two years previous
20. Senior Yearling Heifer, born between September 1 – December 31, two years previous
21. Cow, 2 years and over, born prior to September 1 two years previous with a calf at side. Calf born after January 1 of the current year. (Judged as cow/calf 50/50). Not eligible for Grand and Reserve Champion.Cow/Calf Champion
22. Pair of females owned by exhibitor and shown in individual classes
23. Pair of calves, one bull calf and one heifer calf, must be a spring, junior, or senior
24. Produce of dam, 2 animals, either sex from one dam, may be owned by more than one exhibitor.
Limit one (1) entry per exhibitor. To be eligible each animal must be shown in individual classes.
25. Get of sire, 3 animals with both sexes represented, all sired by one bull, all owned by exhibitor.
To be eligible each animal must be shown in individual classes
DIVISION H - BEEF AND DAIRY CROSSBREEDS FEEDER CALVES
PREMIUMS: 21.00 19.00 17.00
1. Veal calf, 6 weeks to 4 months of age
2. Feeder calf, between 5 and 11 months of age under 500 lbs
DIVISION J - FEEDER STEERS, 500 - 999 pounds
PREMIUMS: 30.00 28.00 26.00
1. Feeder Steers
DIVISION K - MARKET STEERS, 1000 POUNDS AND OVER
See Market Sale Rules. Fat cattle may be cross bred or purebred beef. To be shown by lot, not by breed.
PREMIUMS: 30.00 28.00 26.00
1. Fat market steers, all breeds
Choice: yield grade 1-2-3, Blue awards
Choice: yield grade 4-5 and select yield grade 1-2-3, Red awards
Select: yield grade 4-5 and standard, White awards
DIVISION L - BEST DECORATED COW CONTEST - Ribbon Only
Open to all 4-H members with beef projects. Time: Saturday, 1 p.m. Special Rosettes will be given.
1. Most beautifully dressed
2. Most creatively dressed
3. Funniest dressed
DIVISION M - LIVESTOCK JUDGING
ENTER on LIVESTOCK ENTRY FORM
Must do oral reasons and be enrolled in a beef projects to receive premium.
Rosettes for: Junior, Intermediate, Senior, and Top Oral Reasons Score
PREMIUMS: 6.00 5.00 4.00
1. Junior - 8 to 10 years of age
2. Intermediate - 11 to 13 years of age
3. Senior - 14 to less than 19 years of age
DIVISION N - SELF DETERMINED PROJECT
Bring into the Jansen Building to be judged. Contact person is Joyce Hubbard.
This class is for any project made that is associated with your 4-H beef animals
PREMIUMS: 9.00 7.00 6.00
1. Projects costing over $5.00 to make
PREMIUMS: 5.00 4.00 3.00
2. Projects costing under $5.00 to make
4-H In Action - see H01 and pick the location to enter.
DIVISION P - CLUB HERDSMANSHIP
To be entered by Club Leader ONLY
JUDGING: Will be done on a club basis three times each day. Club stalls will be judged during the entire fair, up to 5 p.m. on Saturday. Judging will be based on condition of animals, cleanliness, attentiveness of exhibitors, arrangement of club, and stall and educational decorations.
PREMIUMS: 30.00/ 29.00/ 27.50/ 26.00/ 25.00/ 24.00/ 22.50/ 21.50/ 20.50/ 19.00/ 18.00/ 17.00/ 16.00
1. Herdsmanship - Rosette for top club of the week.
BEEF CLUB HERD CONTEST
Sponsored by PEOPLES BANK, LYNDEN
* Entries are limited to Whatcom County 4-H clubs only.
* Clubs exhibiting seven or more beef animals of one breed will be required to show four animals of
* Clubs exhibiting less than seven of a breed will be required to show two animals of that breed as
* Premiums of $8.00, $6.00 and $4.00 will be paid to clubs for first, second and third place herds of
* Premiums of $6.00, $4.00 and $2.00 to first, second and third place on small herds of two animals.
* All animals shown by any club must belong to members of that club, but can be held by any
member of that club. Leaders may aid club members in setting up animals in the rings.
BEST OVERALL BEEF SHOWMAN TROPHY
CHAMPION FITTING AND SHOWING TROPHIES
CHAMPION FITTING AND SHOWING BELT BUCKLES
WESTERN STATES ANGUS AUXILIARY TROPHY
The Western States Angus Auxiliary, 13106 Reiner Rd., Monroe, WA 98272, will award a silver trophy to the outstanding 4-H Angus exhibitor and/or to the outstanding FFA Angus exhibitor. The selection of the winner is to be based on show ring placing of individual animals, placing in showmanship, and in cooperation with the fair management. This is open to exhibitors with one or more breeding and/or market animals. It must be kept in mind that the purpose of this award is the promotion of the Angus breed. The winning of the auxiliary trophy in previous years shall not exclude an exhibitor from winning again. The judge of the Junior Beef Show will be asked to make the selection of the winner.
WASHINGTON STATE LIMOUSIN ASSOCIATION
Dennis Andrews Memorial Steer Award
These awards are available to 4H, FFA, and youth division entries at designated shows. Savings bonds of $100 will be awarded to the exhibitor of a Limousin-influenced on-hoof Grand Champion Steer and/or Grand Champion Carcass Steer of 4H, FFA, and youth divisions. The Steer must be of 50% or greater Limousin breeding and exhibit Limousin characteristics. If an exhibitor wins the grand championship, they must contact a WSLA officer listed below for an information packet. This packet must be completed by the exhibitor and mailed back within 45 days of show.
Dori Shobert, PO Box 1220, Port Orchard, WA 98366 (360) 871-5275
Joe Stevens, 4771 So Wenas Road, Selah WA 98942 (509)697-4373
Rich Waldemar, 1191 Garen Drive, Lynden WA 98264 (360)354-5598
BEST LIVESTOCK JUDGING ORAL REASONS TROPHY
Sponsored by THE ELDRED FAMILY OF LAUREL FARM AND WESTERN SUPPLY
Juniors not eligible for trophy. Whatcom County Exhibitors Only.
ROUND ROBIN CHAMPION TROPHY
Sponsored by FERNDALE GRAIN
LIVESTOCK JUDGING TROPHY - Sponsored by TANYA DOSTAL