FAIR HOURS: 10 a.m. - 10:30 p.m. Monday through Saturday. Only exhibitors and
workers with passes will be allowed through the gate before or after these
2. No parking on fairgrounds. No vehicles allowed on fairgrounds between 8 a.m.
and 11 p.m. Monday through Saturday.
3. Exhibitor's and worker's passes will be available only to persons whose
presence is required every day.
4. No person shall incur any financial obligation whatsoever against the Fair
without first obtaining a requisition from the Manager.
5. Any persons handling or taking any exhibits that do not belong to them may
be prosecuted according to the law.
6. The management shall have the general supervision of the grounds and the
entire exhibition, control of the police regulations, and entrance and exit
7. Should there be any disputes or misunderstandings which none of the By-Laws,
Rules and Regulations will govern, whether in connection with judging or
otherwise, they shall be referred to the Board of Directors whose decision
shall be final.
8. The management reserves the final and absolute right to alter, interpret, or
change the rules and regulations as may become necessary; also to determine all
matters, questions, and differences that may arise in/or out of an incident at
9. The Fair will use every precaution in its power for the preservation of all
articles and stock on exhibition, but will not be responsible for loss or
10. ALL ENTRIES:
be made on-line by deadline listed in each department, or on entry days as
specified in department rules.
be entered in the name owner/maker whose name must be endorsed on the
at the time designated in the rules of each department.
be in place and in final proper condition for the exhibition as specified
in the department rules.
shall be considered unclaimed thirty (30) days
following the last day of the Fair and will be considered property of the
Northwest Washington Fair Association. Any cost related to disposal will
be passed on to the exhibitor. It is the full responsibility of the
exhibitor to pick up their exhibit prior to such disposal and the Fair is
not obligated to notify the exhibitor of the unclaimed exhibit.
not picked up on Sunday at the specified time will remain in
may be unlocked with no security
moved or removed before the Sunday release time will forfeit all premiums.
will not be accepted by office staff with the exception of animal entry
will not accept entries except at the published times and dates.
need only ONE exhibitor number for ALL your entries at the fair.
will only be available at pick-up/release time. They cannot be mailed and
are not available at the office.
No animal or article will be allowed to compete for more than one premium, nor
shall be entered in more than one class, except as one of a herd, or cows for
12. All livestock eligible to compete for premiums in the purebred class
must be accompanied by a certificate of registration.
13. Only blue and red ribbon winners in 4-H and FFA are eligible to enter
Open Class Cattle.
14. 4-H and FFA may enter Open Class cattle provided there is a minimum
of ten open class cattle per breed or two exhibitors.
15. If it be ascertained that any exhibitor or spectator shall attempt to
interfere with the judge in the performance of his/her duty in any matter, or
shall refuse to accept the awards made, they shall be disqualified from further
competition and shall forfeit any premiums and ribbons already awarded.
16. An exhibitor who may desire to enter a protest must enter such
protest in writing previous to the closing of the show and must deposit $5.00
with the secretary and which, in the case the protest is not sustained, is
forfeited and is added to the funds of the Fair.
17. Any person knowingly violating the rules of the Fair may forfeit any
premium that may be awarded to them.
18. No alcoholic beverages allowed on fairgrounds with the exception of
designated areas. Exhibitors breaking this rule will forfeit all fair premiums.
19. All premium checks will be mailed by September 30th of the
current year, and must be cashed by December 1st of the same year.
20. Any error in the records of premiums caused by oversight or neglect
shall be subject to correction whenever proof is furnished to the fair office that a
mistake has been made. Errors must be reported before November 1st of the
current year. Errors should be reported via either email at firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing to the Fair office at 1775 Front Street, Lynden, WA 98264
21. No animals shall be withdrawn from the Fair before 9 p.m. Saturday
(or specified time of department) of the Fair. No articles or exhibits are to
be removed from the buildings until Sunday after closing of the Fair. Exhibits
so withdrawn forfeit all claims to premiums.
22. Exhibitors of animals, machinery in motion, and other exhibits liable
to occasional accidents, injury, or damage to persons coming in contact
herewith shall guard their exhibits in such a way as to protect the public.
Such exhibitors shall indemnify the Fair from and against any claims and
demands, costs, charges, and expenses which may be incurred by reason of any
23. Under no circumstances will anyone remove from the fairgrounds any
grain, hay, straw or milk.
24. The objectives of the Northwest Washington Fair Association shall be
to hold an annual Fair in Lynden, Washington; and to engage in any lawful use,
thereby promoting the agricultural, educational, business and cultural growth
of Northwest Washington.